Phrathat Doi Wao is situated in Moo 1, Tambon Mae Sai, on the hill by the bank of the Mae Sai River. According to history, King Wao of Nakhon Nakkhaphan Yonok built this pagoda in 179 BC to contain the Lord Buddha’s hair relics. It is a great ancient pagoda second to Phra Borommathat Doi Tung.
For further details, contact Tel. 0 5373 1527